Douglas Mental Health University Institute
Referrals are needed for each of the following clinics:
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Mood Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Intellectual Handicaps
Address: 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec H4H 1R3
Jewish General Hospital Child Psychiatry Department
The department includes an out-patient service for children up to 15 years old and day/evening hospital programs for children ranging in age from three to 12 years old (secondary- and tertiary-line service). The children are assessed and treated with their families for a broad range of child problems, including pervasive developmental disorders, conduct problems, attention deficit disorder, depression, suicide risk, psychotic disorders, and anxiety disorders
Address: 4335 Côte-Sainte-Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2
Tel: 514-340-8222 ext. 27666
Montreal Children’s Hospital
The hospital’s 92 departments deal with all aspects of a child’s physical and mental well being 0-18 years of age.
Address: 1001 Decarie Blvd., Montreal, Quebec, H4A 3J1
Brain, Development and Behaviour (BDB)
The department is an integrated clinical network providing assessment and consultative services for children 0-18 years old with complex developmental disabilities requiring a multidisciplinary approach, including but not exhaustively:
Tel: 514-412-4400 ext. 24496 or ext. 68288
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Global Developmental Delay
- Early Developmental Impairment
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Coordination Disorder and other neurological development conditions.
The multidisciplinary team is made up of professionals from many other departments. The BDB
the clinical network includes two multidisciplinary clinics:
- BDB 0 - 7 Clinic for children 0-7 years old
- BDB 7 - 18 Clinic for children 7-18 years old
New patients referred to the BDB Clinics or any department made up of the BOB multidisciplinary
the team must first contact the BDB Central Intake Office: 514-412-4496.
Some of the departments that require new patients to contact the Central Intake Office are:
- Audiology: 514-412-4454
- Child Development 514-412-4314 Evaluates issues relating to developmental skills and
abilities or particular behavioural concerns including but not limited to complex
developmental issues, multiple developmental delays, ADHD and Learning Disabilities,
Gender Variance, psychopharmacological consultation.
- Neurology 514-412-4446. The department has specific categories of whom they will and will not see (please consult their website http://www.thechildren.com/departments-staff
- Occupational Therapy: 514-412-4407
- Feeding Disorders: 514-412-4400, ext. 22334
- Physiotherapy: 514-412-4407
- Psychiatry: 514-412-4449
- Psychology: 514-412-4400 ext. 23295
- Speech and Language Pathology: 514-412-4491
Some departments that do not require Central Intake information are:
- Eating Disorder Clinic: 514-412-4400 #23662. The clinic has its own Intake Form.
- EMSB: 514-412-4400. The School Board has elementary and high school teachers
for patients staying over an extended amount of time.
- Spina Bifida: 514-412-4400 ext 22543
The Access Program is the hub of all psychiatry services, 514-323-3487. All service requests are based on a medical reference.
- ADHD Clinic: 514-323-7260 ext. 2470 and 2475
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: 515-323-7260
Address: 7070 Perras Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec H1E 1A4
Tel: 514-323-7260, ext. 2475
Royal Victoria Hospital Speech and Hearing Department of the MUHC
Address: 1001 Decarie Blvd, Montreal, QC H4A 3J1
514-934-8028 to book an appointment
514-934-1934 ext. 1-34149 Speech Department
Sainte-Justine Hospital Child Psychiatric Department
Provides dogs to those with one or many visual or motor disabilities, and to children with autism or PDD.
Address: 3175 Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5
Tel: 514-345-4931 ext. 4864
Shriners Hospital for Children
Children up to 18 are eligible, by referral. Pediatric orthopaedic care and neuro-musculoskeletal conditions, ie. Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bone disease), Scoliosis, Cerebral Palsy (CP), Spina Bifida, club feet and limb length discrepancy.
Address: 1003 Decarie Blvd., Montreal, Quebec H4A 0A9